One of our Premier Private Equity/Hedg Fund Clients is seeking a Fund Analyst/Accountant with prior experience in Private Equity/Asset Management. The ideal candidate will join a highly successful growing Finance team based in Midtown NYC.
- Perform daily preparation of portfolio valuation and portfolio analytics.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual workpapers and financial statement packages
- Prepare cash forecasting and expense management for the fund
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under US GAAP and IFRS
- Daily P&L, cash, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments
- Responsible for preparing the day to day accounting for funds and related investment vehicles
- Review management fees and incentive/carry fee calculations
- Review portfolio valuation and analyze the fund’s performance on both daily and monthly basis
- Manage the plans’ cash balances to track the need for quarterly capital calls, distributions & receivables and payables.
The candidate will serve as a liaison between the Accounting team, Portfolio teams, Custodians, Administrators, Auditors, and Third-party vendors.
- College Degree required: accounting degree preferred.
- CPA strongly Preferred
- Must have experience with Private Equity Audit/GAAP Reporting
- Minimum 3+ years of related Accounting experience
- Strong computer skills – Knowledge of Advent Geneva, Investran (or similar) software a plus.
- Demonstrated team player; self-starter; independent thinker; excellent judgment.
- Advanced communication, analytical, and problem resolution skills.