**Located in Fremont, California!**
The Role You Will Fill:
The primary focus of the opportunity is to develop a mechanical design that will meet safety standards and scope. This person will be responsible for the mechanical design of fixtures, mechanisms and overall cell layout in industrial automation settings. This includes creating 3-D modeling of components and assemblies as well as 2-d drawings. This person will also develop the BOM for all mechanical components and a recommended spare parts list. This person will participate in internal design reviews as well as project kick off meetings.
Design automation for a variety of products and assemblies using knowledge of electronic controls, pneumatic actuators, mechanical systems, and operator interfaces.
- Develop new automation concepts/specifications or make improvements to existing products with input from a number of sources (i.e., manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, marketing, etc.).
- Guide the design effort in creating prototype and production drawings.
· Quote time and material per scope of work for the mechanical design
· Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, Work instructions and training materials
· Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- At times, set, implement and maintain schedules to ensure project completion.
- Review initial run of the automation for design compliance and makes appropriate changes to ensure product compliance.
- Follow the product and makes requested automation changes and corrections throughout the life of the product.
- Provide technical support by providing information and answers to other engineers, departments and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical design engineering or related field
- Project management or team leader roll very desirable
- 5+ years of recent mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years proficiency in Solid Works 2015/16
- Design experience at a component level in custom industrial automation equipment and/or a machine building environment and complete machine/systems design.