Position Title: Director of Finance / Controller
Reports to: COO & CEO
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Competitive base salary + equity + benefits. For specifics, contact Jessica Fernandez.
Industry: Digital media; Publishing; Media & Events; Leisure & Travel
Company: Startup (2009) in Media & Events / Digital space. Apx. 60 people and growing! For company name and information, contact Jessica Fernandez.
Brief Overview: Seeking Director of Finance to head up Finance & Accounting responsibilities across the company in an agile, fast-moving startup environment. Seeking someone who wishes to grow with the company as it is in hyper-growth mode; will build and manage a team; must be eager to take on new and increasing responsibilities as the company grows. THIS IS A VERY HANDS ON ROLE TO START-- will be handling everything from journal entries to reporting. Taking over from external consultants that have been doing the finance & accounting work since company launched in 2009. Will need to create all processes and internal controls from scratch. Responsibilities will include general accounting, payroll administration, accounts payable, cash receipts, expense report processing, journal entry processing, accounts receivable, and the creation of policies and procedures.
For more information or to apply: Email JFernandez@CodaSearch.com as we are exclusively handling recruitment for this position.
- Hold responsibility for records and accounting-accuracy and integrity
- Bank and merchant reconciliations
- General ledger entries
- Monthly reporting
- Create and execute internal controls around bookkeeping, expense reporting, AP, and AR
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Providing financial analysis and reporting to the Company
- PnL forecasting, modeling, budgeting, debt service, capital planning
- Will build a financial team and manage the team
- Manage payroll entries
- Manage invoicing
- Cash Management
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting
- CPA a plus
- Minimum of three years of experience working in financial management with demonstrated success
- Proven literacy and skills with ERP and accounting systems
- Reporting experience
- Expertise in data extraction, analysis, and reporting/report presentation
- Excel proficiency required
- QuickBooks experience required
- Must have demonstrated success working in a decision-making capacity with ability to self-manage
- Must possess strong planning skills be highly organized