Position Title: Sr. Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO- 1 stop on subway from lower Manhattan)
Compensation: Competitive base salary + equity + benefits. For specifics, contact Jessica Fernandez.
Industry: Digital media; Publishing; Media & Events
Company: Mature, well-funded and established 6 year old Startup in Media & Events / Digital space. Apx. 300 people and growing! Clients include Fortune 25 brands and top sports athletes. CEO touts reputation for team-oriented environment. Company culture is all about collaboration. For company name and information, e-mail JFernandez@CodaSearch.com
Brief Overview: Responsible for the day to day accounting functions including month end close, journal entries, revenue recognition, reconciliations, forecasting, analysis, and oversight of A/R and A/P.
For more information or to apply: Email JFernandez@CodaSearch.com as we are exclusively handling recruitment for this position.
¬∑ Must have GAAP knowledge
¬∑ Between 3 and 7 years of total experience, with at least 3 years relevant experience
¬∑ Experience with Revenue Recognition
¬∑ Experience with Cost of Sales Tracking is a plus
¬∑ Experience within the media industry is a plus
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial data, ensuring best practices.
- Prepare invoices for all clients on a monthly basis in accordance with individual statements of work.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of month and quarter-end accounting close including journal entries, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and preliminary financial reports.
- Takes ownership of financials and adheres to deadlines.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, supporting ledgers and financial schedules.
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow reports while identifying and evaluating variances.
- Reviews customer invoicing processes and contractual agreements to reconcile revenue.
- Performs key elements of the general accounting cycle and supporting subsidiary processes within the established policies and procedures of the company.
- Prepares and manages detailed variance and fluctuation analyses.
- Manages A/R and A/P activities, including identifying potentially problematic accounts and approving vendor bills.
- Monitors and approves T/E expense reports in Concur to ensure accuracy and proper allocation.
- Reports to Accounting Manager in NY and SVP of Accounting in LA.
- Assists in the annual audit.
- Collaborates in team environment both in NY office and remotely with LA accounting team.
- Undertakes other special projects as requested by management.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.