The Municipal Bond Group invests in investment-grade municipal securities on behalf of individual clients, common trust funds, mutual funds and the firmâ€™s own portfolio. The portfolios invest across sectors and are highly diversified. The Municipal Credit Analyst will play an integral role in the composition of the portfolios from a credit quality perspective and will be expected to provide credit opinions in a timely manner to meet market-driven deadlines.
- Evaluate the credit quality of lower investment grade municipal issues
- Identify relative sector value based on historical trading relationships as well as economic, demographic, or governmental trends.
- Provide timely decisions in a fast-paced, market-driven environment
- Provide initial credit and structure evaluation for new-issue municipal securities and communicate a recommendation to portfolio managers
- Monitor credit profiles of existing portfolio holdings
- Keep abreast of industry, economic, regulatory and rating-agency events that could have an impact on portfolio holdings
- Participate in special projects as required
- 5+ yearsâ€™ experience as a municipal credit analyst
- Concentration in lower-investment-grade issuers
- Focus on healthcare and/or transportation and/or higher education is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to present a recommendation and rationale in a succinct manner
- Willingness to collaborate with other members of the investment department and the firm