An independent and employee-owned wealth management firm headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania is looking to hire a Vice President, Client Development to join our team.
This position will identify, source and develop new high net worth and institutional prospects and clients.
- Identify prospects and bring in new business from high net worth individuals, families, endowments and foundations.
- Cultivate key prospects on a regular basis through personal contact, correspondence, handwritten acknowledgements, personal visits, and invitations to special events.
- Explore new business opportunities from external and internal sources, including targeting new business from current clients.
- Arrange and lead business development and pre-planning meetings.
- Establish sales process, opportunity tracking and metrics to enable clear communication of progress and status of the pipeline.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Client Development in implementing business development marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Coordinate with colleagues to identify prospects. Leverage contacts within the community through professional and social networks.
- Develop and implement targeted client events.
- Track prospect contact data in CRM system to build our database.
- Inform prospects of new product offerings and services, including sending updated product information.
- Attend various events and conferences that may be applicable to our industry.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Abilities):
- 10+ years in a business development role, preferably in a wealth management environment.
- Broad knowledge of investment strategy, trust, estates, tax and financial planning.
- Proven track record in sales and client development.
- Knowledge and experience with CRM system(s).
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide courteous and professional service to clients.
- Ability to leverage social media.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.