- Act as a resource for the consideration and review of legal issues relating to matters and projects in the US
- Work as part of internal and external legal project teams as needed
- Review investment management agreements, third party service agreements, private placement documentation and other legal documents as necessary
- Develop an appropriate level of knowledge of the relevant legal requirements affecting activities in the U.S.
- Develop an appropriate level of knowledge regarding how regulatory requirements in the Americas impact the global business, including a familiarity with relevant ERISA issues and Rule 144A/Regulation S matters.
- Attend, and prepare reports for, meetings of ASI companies, committees and departments as may from time to time be reasonably required to ensure that directors, management and client departments are suitably apprised of material US legal issues
- Update routine legal developments which may be relevant to ASIâ€™s operational activity in the US or elsewhere to the Head of Legal - Americas, US management and relevant client departments
- Work within such reasonable deadlines as may be set by external or internal client departments
- Develop good relationships with internal client departments, external legal advisors, trade bodies and other third party advisors or agents, as appropriate
- Liaise, where appropriate, with the General Counsel and Managers within other client departments to resolve any issues or difficulties which may arise
- Report to and assist the Managing US Counsel in the effective operation and management of the Legal department and provision of legal services
- Supervise consultants or other staff
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- J.D. required, must be a member in good standing with a state bar. State CLE requirements must be met on an annual basis
- 3-6 yearsâ€™ experience preferred.
- Experience with M&A preferred.
- Requires proficiency in Word, familiarity with Excel
- Must have experience practicing in the investment management field with a preferred emphasis on emphasis on investment company, private placement and advisory work Broker-dealer experience helpful but not required
- Must be capable of drafting and reviewing legal agreements, have strong oral communication skills, have good organizational and management skills and be able to interface with and between external lawyers and business persons
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Travel abroad and domestically for Group meetings or business as needed